This class continues where our Basic Mapping & GIS 101 workshop left off. However, most tools and concepts can be used in any field. 101 gave you the basics, 201 takes you forward to map with confidence.
This one-day workshop covers more advanced concepts and tools in the GIS world. The
workshop progresses through advanced use and functionality of free, open
source GIS tools and programs, explains GIS concepts, and culminates
with a map you created.
Both LIVE and ONLINE GIS courses offered. See our schedule
Attendees should already be familiar with the concepts of data sets, map layers, scale, and symbology. They will learn the following concepts during this workshop:
- – Metes & Bounds plugin for Quantum GIS
- – Joining shapefile with data from an excel spreadsheet
- – Creating various visual representations of ownership parcel data
- – New georeferencer plugin
- – Digitizing wetlands data into a shapefile
- – Spatial analysis
Attendee will learn how to utilize GIS tools and make maps with extreme confidence in the workplace.
- Review and introduction to GIS 201 concepts
- Metes & Bounds plugin for Quantum GIS
- Joining shapefile with data from an excel spreadsheet
- Creating various visual representations of ownership parcel data
- New georeferencer plugin
- Digitizing wetlands data into a shapefile
- Spatial analysis
Materials Available to Attendees:
-Open Source GIS programs
-GIS public domain cultural data
-Links to useful internet sites
-Workbook for use during workshop
For more information, we want you to pick up your phone and call us.